Dry.eyes.sydrom

Hi my eyes used to feel fatigue and make me feel tired .I feel I have dry eyes syndrome. .eye specialist  gave me systane  eye drops for day and eyemist  gel  for night.things  have come down by 50 percent but not totally  cured. Should continue  with same medication. Or something  else 2 be done.ty

Varun Boddula
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

Eye fatigue and tiredness The most common causes are - Refractive error - Vitamin or mineral deficient - Excessive near work - Stress and strain - Lack of sleep Dry eye (insufficient tears doesnt actually give rise to fatigue) The drops you use are good but only temperarily The drops you use should not be instilled for more than 3 months continuously as it might lead to damage of goblet cell which produce mucin which is a natural lubricant It is better to take omega 3 fatty acids as tablets for 30 days which can regenerate your natural lubrucant. I suppose you would also require a good multivitamin course which can simply solve the issue. If you are working in airconditioned rooms which generally are -low humid conditions causes your eye to get dry faster than usual- a good remedy for that is having a humidifier; A heavy system user has high cances of having low blinking rate which can dry up the eye - need to close your eyes for a min atleast every 30 min and might require eye relaxation excercises. Hope this helps :) Feel free to follow up :)