Dog bite on the thigh, very minute
Greetings. Couple of months ago, a dog on the street, while I was walking a few feet away from it on the road, suddenly jumped towards me and tried to bite me on my left thigh. It immediately retracted though, leaving me with a small wound on my left thigh, just one wound, not multiple teeth marks, so probably just one of the canines landed on my thigh. The wound was round and very small, less than half a centimeter in radius, and I washed it after 15-20 minutes with dettol liquid multiple times and left it open, did not apply any band-aids. Then I forgot it ever happened, which was a mistake and let it heal by itself, which it did and now there's just a small black mark in its place. But lately I've been reading about the imminence of rabies in the country and now I'm afraid. Please let me know what I should do to make sure I didn't acquire any viruses or infections from the incident. Also, I can point out the dog too, it sleeps in the same place everyday. Thanks a lot.

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety...incubation period of rabies is 3 to 8 weeks... but rare cases has been seen as early as 4 days and latest like 1year..if you were bitten by rabid animal virus would have entered your body by now there is no use of vaccination now...if you were bitten by non rabid animal nothing to worry...you can take vaccination it will act as preexposure prophylaxis... Regards.