Dizziness nausea Vomiting

Hi Doctor, Greetings for the day, I want a consultation for my wife, she is into her earlier stage of pregnancy and its being one month now, She has a regular complaint of dizziness, nausea & vomiting as far as I know this is something common in the earlier stage but still I m concern about her and the upcoming baby. I would be thankful if you help me out with some knowledge as how one should take care in this earlier stages of pregnancy and what all things needs to be taken care of. The diet she needs to consume at this stage and the things she needs to keep in mind at such crucial period.

Dr. Shikha Shah
Gynecologist 7 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi there. Regarding your query,  most of it is already said to you. My addition is just to avoid tea and coffee. In case eating non veg, then cook it properly and eat. Always have boiled and then cooled water or purified water. Get a sonography done. Avoid lifting weights. Have nice high protein diet with dates, peanuts and jaggery. No need to give excess of fats like ghee n butter. Maintain active life style. Half an hour walk daily. Deep breathing exercises or meditation. Hope this was helpful. Regards. Dr shikha shah Ghatkopar west Mumbai
Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello. She can eat whatever she likes. Here are a few tips which will help -before getting out of bed in morning, have a few Marie biscuits/toast/khakra. After 15-20 min, she may get up, brush and have breakfast. -keep a small piece of ginger below tongue of nauseous -have several small meals every 2-3 hours. No starving. -adequate rest. No heavy weights, excess exertion Hope this helps
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, first you need antenatal checkup as some blood tests and early ultrasound to be done. For the vomiting and nausea, tell her to take small frequent meals ,as frequent as 2hrly. Some medicines also given to control nausea.

Hello....... Pharmacological therapy is not needed in mild cases, just reassurance and advice to drink lot of water, these symptoms are present in early morning, and gradually subsides, tell her to avoid spicy foods in this time, Take her to gynaecologist if you feel she is weak,not able to lead normal life.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, She might be having morning sickness. She needs to have a wel-nourished diet full of vitamins and minerals and eats fruits and vegetables wisely. Also, taking adequate rest is important for her and her baby's health. Also, ask her to take small frequent meals and avoid excessive consumption of ghee or butter.
Dr. Reethu Varadarajan
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore
Vomiting and tiredness is very common in early pregnancy.  Most important is she needs to take lots of fluids and eat what ever she likes. For some people change of place is know to reduce such symptoms. For example send her to her mothers house for rest. She will feel better. If she is very dehydrated kindly consult.