cardiologist-icon

Discomfort in chestregion

A couple of days back when I was traveling I suddenly felt pain in the left portion of the chest then I took deep breath and then coughed a couple of times. I felt like a current shock that travelled from my chest to left arm then the pain faded away. But there was a little pain which faded after I passed the stools. From then on I have little pain that travels all around the body which includes left neck, right neck, legs, lower back, right side of the chest,right neck etc.. but it gives me some relief when I pass the gas. And whenever I drink some liquid I feel comfort a little and the pain isn't continuos it seen sometimes at different portions of the body. Could you please help me in figuring out the exact reason. Thanks a lot in advance.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

In my opinion a cardiac etiology of the pain needs to be ruled out first Get ECG Echo and a troponin T checked If all are normal go for a Tmt Consult with a cardiologist personally with reports Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist

Hi.... It could be due to mild gastric issue.... Eat smaller, more-frequent meals. If you experience frequent indigestion, try eating several small meals instead of three large ones whenever you can.... Avoid irritating foods. Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty.... .Avoid alcohol. Alcohol can irritate the mucous lining of your stomach... ..