cardiologist-icon

Detected the arota calcif

We have taken chest X ray of my father presently and the same is shown the arota calcifications. What is that , what is treatment for that.

Doctor Answers (3) on Detected the arota calcif

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | General Physician
See these changes can be age related changes
If he is asymptomatic then it's of no concern
Consult with a cardiologist personally
Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Only calcification in absence of other things is not of much significance but still you can consult your doctor to exclude valvular lesion.
Aortic calcification is very common in old age. Many times this is associated with diseases of aortic valve like choked valve or leaking valve (Please go through my website www.thefitheart.in for more details) or diseases of aorta itself. This may also be associated with deranged fat levels in the body or diseases of other blood vessels (like brain or kidney) in the body. Aortic calcification itself may not need a treatment but these diseases will definitely need some therapy. So please meet a qualified cardiologist and get your father thoroughly examined to plan further management. Hope this helps. Dr Chandrashekhar Munjewar, Mumbai www.thefitheart.in