Depression

She was and still is suffering from epilepsy... Recently she is diagnosed with depression too. She is under meditation but she stays alone and has bad mood swings. I don't know how to handle the situation and I myself have anxiety issues like cutting etc.

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, firstly how are you related to her? Secondly, what medications is she on? Thirdly, based on the history provided by you, its evident that she requires to visit a counselor as she isn't able to deal with this alone. And lastly, I appreciate you being concerned for her and realizing the seriousness of her mental state. But I also appreciate you recognizing your anxieties in which case I hope you are seeking help from a counselor as well. She can't be helped based solely on medications so it would be better if she would find a psychologist near her and go for therapy soon.