Depression, numbness

I feel a disconnect with my emotions. No clarity of thought. Most of the time I don't know what I'm feeling. I don't feel love, hatred, or anger. I want to know what kind of a psychologist can help me since there are so many types. Shall I seek a psychotherapist who's an expert in psychoanalysis or what? What should be his qualification and experience? What theories would he go by? These things concern me.
views-icons 51 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression, numbness

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Why should you know what you are feeling? Don't look for the mental state of "somebody". The cultural definition of "normal" is indistinct and root of conflict. We all undergo ups and downs and even unexplained emotions . Try being one with your current state rather than impatiently running to achieve an opposite state. If you must, take a counseling session.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem.... Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells..... Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening..... Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.....Consult Psychiatrist....