Depression, Anxiety

My mom died few months after my birth.I used to live at my grandmother's home. Nobody told me the truth.My grandfather gave me his name.But I knew it from childhood.During teen years used to feel lonely, was anxious due to family fights. But was a very bright used to vomit due to anxiety for 5 years till age 18. Despite all odds, got into state's leading institute.But situation got worse when I moved to a new city.Anxiety increased.Got severely depressed,undereating, overeating phases, lost wt, always lost in thoughts, sleepy all the time, absent minded,forgetful as I was not able to cope up with stress. Tried remedies such as some physical activity, involving with people.Proved good for sometime. But couldn't sustain.Finally went to psychiatrist,he told me that there are chances of bipolar,took medication for some months.But as nobody knew it, lack of motivation.Thought of sharing with family members.They overreacted.Told me to stop. Told me my past. Its fruitless now.Feeling suicidal

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression, Anxiety

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Please find a psychological Counsellor in your city and share your feelings and learn to live your life peacefully.
According  to me a counselling  session would definitely bring you back the confidence in your to lice and understand yourself better.
Varsha B G Bangalore | Psychiatrist
Sorry for the delayed reply. From your description given above you have already consulted the psychiatrist and medicines were prescribed. Currently whatever you are going through might be the depressive phase of the same illness so you will have to consult the psychiatrist at the earliest. You take your family members along with you for the consultation. The doctor might help them in understanding your situation and what you are going through. They seem to be unaware.
Life has both ups and downs. So we will have to face and keep moving on.
have to consult your doctor.
engage in your hobbies.
taking some time out n meditating might help
continuing medicines as advised by the psychiatrist along with counselling you and your family members will help.