Depression & anxiety

I have a very bad relationship with my father due to which I have loss of interest in pretty much everything and a severe inferiority complex. I have been in depression for almost 6 years and i cant find a way to succeed in life.

Doctor Answers (5) on Depression & anxiety

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Is relationship bad because you hv inferiority complex and unable to communicate with your father OR
Your relationship bad because your father has not understood  you.
What is reason for your depression  for the last 6yrs.? Hv you consulted any psychologist  or psychiatrist for any treatment?
If you have not consulted do consult a Psychologist  /Counsellor  and have clarity about yourself  and your future
Dr. Darpan Kaur Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Based on the information you have provided, you could be having some symptoms of depression disorder and interpersonal relationship problems as that you have mentioned . Depression can be of mild , moderate and severe subtypes. Dysthymia is a condition where a person could be having a depressed mood for a long standing duration greater than 2 years. Interpersonal stressors can play a role in depression. Untreated depression can affect your physical and mental help. Medications and psychotherapy can play an important role in helping you overcome these problems. Past is past and cannot be undone. Change must happen from within. One can change one's own self much easily than trying to change others! It can be difficult to change others or expect that they will change as how we want them exactly to change. Kindly work towards making your current present more beautiful and meaningful. Please remember that the past is no longer there and the future is just not yet. Focus on the here and now of the situation. Psychotherapy focussing on cognitive and behavioral strategies can be helpful. Interpersonal therapy can focus on your relationships with others especially your father. Psychodynamic approaches to help you heal your relationship with your father and your inferiority complex can be helpful. Medications and therapy play an important role in treatment of depresion.
Kindly consult a psychiatrist near your locality in your city who can clinically evaluate you, counsel you regarding the condition, suggest certain blood tests and psychological tests as per expertize and clinical evaluation , suggest you medications and psychotherapy strategies for depression.
Be socially connected. Do not isolate yourself. Make a schedule of activities. Read some positive self help books, Cut down excessive stress. Focus on the positives. Join a gym. Try to lose weight. Follow a health Diet. Practice yoga and relaxation on regular basis.
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
Need to talk to you more for a detailed counseling session. Are you taking any medicines?
Meanwhile I can just say one thing for you, "ALL THAT HAD HAPPENED HAD HAPPENED. YOU CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THAT. LIVE IN THE PRESENT FOR THE BETTERMENT OF FUTURE"
Any assistance required feel free to call me.
Wishes
Get help from. Psychotherapist
Follow some relaxation techniques
VIKAS PATEL Ludhiana | Psychiatrist
Hello dear, don't worry.
You have to elaborate your problem in detail. Since when your relationship with father deteriorate?
What was the main trigger behind that?
You said you were in depression, did you take any medication for that?
You should immediately fix an appointment with psychiatrist, be it a online or offline.
Focus on yourself.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello my friend...just remember "Broken heart and shattered dreams are key mentors for weaving a glorious destiny."...Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck