Depression and Insomnia

I m a B.Tech graduate and I have been in search of a job from the last two years but I couldn't get it.My parents started comparing me with my neighbors saying things like "that boy got a job,what have u been doing from the last two years?".I got a decent percentage of 80 in my B.tech but my friends who got less percentage than I got in academic exams were able to secure jobs in decent companies.So,I started preparing for competitive exams but I m not able to concentrate on it due to pressure and fear.Depression set in and I could not able to recollect the things that I studied.I am so worried about my future.I am not sleeping well,I m suffering from severe Insomnia.My heart started beating faster whenever I sleep.I lost my weight by almost 7kgs.I m getting weaker and thinner.Sometimes I get frustrated.I lost patience.All I could do was lock my self in a room and cry endlessly.Sometimes my mind asks me to give up my life(I am still 23 year old).I am completely hopeless about my future.

Doctor Answers (3) on Depression and Insomnia

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
You are just 23 , got 80 percent in Btech and still hopeless??? If you do not fail in life , you can never reach the heights. Unfortunately we have been conditioned since our childhood to always succeed, which is an impossibility.....look all over the world , all the great achievers/corporate honchos...they all had series of failure,rejection ...but they took it in their stride...and were one tracked.. Be brave enough for any outcome and there is nothing that can stop you! insulate yourself from the family pressure.......its just a matter of time!!.. Fear will only constrict you and reduce your performance....open up ,,be ready to fail!!!!!!!!!!and you will reach the heights!!
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
The symptoms you have explained clearly reveal that you are in acute stress. Weight loss and insomnia are results of stress. Follow the below given tips
1. Avoid eating non veg foods
2. Avoid junk foods and aerated drinks
3. Eat green vegetables and fresh fruits
4. Increase intake of water
5. Do regular exercises
6. Sit comfortably in a place with back straight. Take a deep breathe in and breathe out through mouth. Let the breathe out be lengthier than breathe in. Repeat for 10 times.
7. After point 6, sit with eyes closed and concentrate on your breathe.
8. Follow 6,7 in the morning and Evening.
Hope this helps. Any further guidance feel free to write to me.
Wishes
I had already answered this question a few days ago. Please check the records