Dentist suspect tooth fracture
I have lower jaw pain under ear and neck since may.  Went to dentist,he said there might be a tooth fracture in root of #46. X-ray normal.No pain. He gave me tooth sloth. It hurts to bite on one spot. He said it might be fracture, told me to extract, implant it. I went for second opinion to Endodontist. He checked through microscope and said there is no fracture in root and can see some fracture lines on tooth surface. Also, my tooth was very sensitive to cold spray test which he did. So he told me to do RCT and crown. He told me not to extract it. I waited till September and no changes in my symptoms. Had rct 7 weeks back. Same symptoms still.Went back to dentist.He still suspect my pain in lower jaw and neck is beacuse of this tooth fracture.But the Endo couldn't see any fracture. Dentist took CbcT scan and he suspect a fracture. endo didn't see/take cbct.endo did only clinical diagnosis.had temp crown on it last week. very sore&sharp pain on tooth&gum. how to know about fracture?

A cbct is required for confirmed diagnosis of a cracked tooth

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Dear practo user, U need to take oral Medicine consultation for such cases. U can teleconsult on my page as well for same. Myself MDS Oral Medicine specialist from Maulana Azad Institute of dental sciences delhi MAMC/MAIDS. I will take a detailed history for ur problem and Diagnose and manage accordingly. Thanks
Actually mam... We need to know how is your brushing habit... I can see in your xray that there is a space created in between two teeth because of improper and harsh brushing... U may be brushing with hard bristles in forward and backward direction that is not proper... If my suspicions is not wrong then you need to change your brushing habit...
For upper teeth from front to backwards, Keep the bristles in 45* angulation touching gums to downwards through the surface of teeth and in between teeth gently with ultrasoft tooth brush Same way you need to brush lower teeth from downwards to upwards just touching the gums and run it through the surface of teeth. Both upper and lower teeth should be brushed in both outside and inside in the same direction as stated above... Try to read it carefully and apply as follows...
For now I will prescribe you to overcome pain, you need to take painkiller tablet ie. Tab keterol-dt and AtoZ multivitamin once in a day for 30 days ... Let's see how is the result in future do let us know about it.... Thank you...
Rct looks good in radiograph.. better option is to extract and place implant if the symptoms doesn't subside