Dental pain

I had pain in my molar teeth 3-4 years ago and went to a local dentist. I got too scared and had to leave the procedure unfinished after drilling. I want to complete the operation now and want further advice. Also do any dentists here provide any sort of relaxation or put you under during the procedure? I am really (really) scared of syringes and feel uncomfortable with them just being in sight let alone my mouth. If that was not it, the previous doctor scared me a lot with 5-6 shots and still I felt sharp pains during the drilling. Is this a normal feeling or was that doctor not doing stuff right?

Doctor Answers (4) on Dental pain

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hello there ...certainly that feeling is not normal...u can look for a good "endodontist" (root canal specialist) near your area...and get it done ... Take care ...!!
All dentists are not same and don't worry about your treatment go and visit other dentist
Hi..look for one more better option (dentist). Usually pain will not be there while doing treatment. One to two doses of anesthesia is sufficient to make area numb. Sometimes in case of infection we give more but not five.Good luck.. Regards
I agree that many people have the same feeling as yours. When a dental treatment is painful, the willingness to get treatment is lost. But running away is not a solution. About the relaxation part, dentists do sometimes use general anesthesia, but where required. And it does happen that the shots that are given go ineffective. But you will not face that everytime. I would suggest that you get the trratment completed asap.