Dengue or Malaria?

My wife had sudden drop in BP yesterday 98/59) with body pain and 100.2 fever. I gave her Salt water and after some time her BP stabilized to 120/80. Gave her a paracetamol tablet (calpol 500). Today there is no fever but there is body pain and headache. What could be the reason and what tests do I need to get done?

Dr. Shalini Kushwaha
Homeopath 3 yrs exp Lucknow

Hello. Does she has a history of low BP? Monitor it constantly now. Give her eupatorium per 30 - TDS. and Rhus tox 30-BD for 5 days. Keep her hydrated and give nutiritious diet.

A fever is a temporary increase in your body temperature, often due to an illness. Having a fever is a sign that something out of the ordinary is going on in your body... Fever or elevated body temperature might be caused by: A virus, A bacterial infection, Heat exhaustion.. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your Physician...
Dr. Parth Shah
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai
Fluctuating BP and fever can be related to an infection. Infection coupled along with dehydration ,inadequate food intake can lead to drop in BP and weakness and fatigue. If the fever persists consult a physician and get routine check up done with basic investigations.. Til the time ensure adequate intake of water,nutrition and vitamins.