Delayed periods

My wife has missed her periods. It general happens between 29 end of the month to 3rd of the proceeding month. When have done a pregnancy test twice but it was negative. Last week she vomited with blood and again yesterday she had blood in her stool. Kindly suggest what can be the reason for it. What should we do for it.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Your symptoms are very vague and are not related to periods. Anyways, I would suggest you wait for a few more days as the periods could come spontaneously. Of not, the consult a gynaecologist in person for further evaluation and management. For the blood in stool, if it's the first time this has happened, then you can ignore it and have high protein and high fiber diet, drink plenty of water. If not, then consult a general surgeon and get it checked out. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.