Delayed Periods By 6 days
Am 23 years old. I had my normal periods on the 3rd Of Aug.. after tht i had unprotected sex on 17th of Aug I consumed an Ipill within 48hrs.. and I got My Periods on 27th aug whch lasted for 7 days.. till now i havent not got my Periods as they are delayed by 7 days.. what could be the reason.. Am i pregnant?

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, please do urine Pregnancy test first.if negative then nothing to worry. As sometimes due to i pill little hormonal imbalance happens and you behave like this. If jou r not getting periods in another 7 days then meet gynaecologist.

Hi.... In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress....