Delayed period
Hi. I'm a 21 yr old sexually active woman. From the past 5 - 6 months. My menstrual cycle is getting delayed every alternate month. It was forty three days in february and fifty one days in december. it has been delayed this month too. What is the reason for this and how do I treat it ?

Dr. Lakshmi H K
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi, you need to check your blood tests,especially thyroid hormone and hemoglobin to see any abnormality in thyroid hormone secretion and scanning to look for polycystic ovarian syndrome.These two are the usual problems related with irregular cycles. Consult the Gynecologist.