Delayed period

Hi, I m married, I had my period 10 days late,I thought I was pregnant but did home pregnancy test after 7 days it ws negative,n frm last two days I ws bit feeling mor sickness kind of.but suddenly today afternoon my bleeding started,it was quite heavy so much pain. can you please guide me wat could be cause? Thanks.

Dr. Radhakrishnan nair
Gynecologist 27 yrs exp Ernakulam
Hi Is your periods regular ? Or it use to be delayed like this ? If it is regular and done pregnancy test after 7days of expected date then the chances of pregnancy is unlikely as the card test is negative.However  there can be errors in card test. The possibility of missed abortion cannot be ruled out unless you get your products checked. If you are having irregular periods it could be a delayed heavy periods. It is better to consult a gynaecologist and gets evaluated to avoid further confusions.all the best