Delay in period

It's been 39 days my wife had not received her periods. Had taken urine & blood test, but both r negative. Can v wait for period to happen r do tests again since v r trying for baby for past 1 year after her miscarriage?

Doctor Answers (2) on Delay in period

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, It is difficult to answer your questions without examining your wife in person. I would suggest that you and your wife visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic offers varied fertility treatments and services and ensures that you have a joyful parenthood experience. You can share your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her... Consult Gynecologist.....