Darkening face and neck,

I have lots of pimples on my face, main spots are forehead, chin, both sides of lower jaw. my face and neck areas are darkening so fast, every morning it looks brighter, by evening it gets dark. white solid things comes from broken pimples. all other body parts are covered, i wear only full sleeve dress. this problem started within last 2 years, recently it become more. when i consulted i was told, 1. it because of food[i eat sugar and fried things, not that frequently], 2. it because of hormones, 3. it because of exposure to sun. 4. it is because i tried to unplug this pimples it become this much i weigh 74Kg, height 175cm i have a normal medium skin color, i have a very clear noticeable variation in skin color from white to dark at the neck, in chest area it is white and towards face it is getting darker. does drinking coffee, tee, milk products can cause this situation?

Doctor Answers (1) on Darkening face and neck,

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course-  prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards.