Dandruff, heavy hairloss

I have heavy hair loss for a long time and now my hair has reduced to half and lots of dandruff and itchy scalp

Doctor Answers (2) on Dandruff, heavy hairloss

Hi, greetings. In women - several causes of unhealthy hair, hair thinning and hair fall can be identified.Importantly, anaemia, sudden weight loss or weight gain (thyroid imbalance), hormonal issues including thyroid, recent illness, female pattern alopecia, vitamin deficiencies - to name a few. Stress, pollution and other environmental factors, parlour damage further add to hairfall. Use an antifungal based antidandruff shampoo atleast twice a week for dandruff relief. So please see a qualified dermatologist near you to understand, what could be the definite cause for hair fall in your case and try to rectify the same.Warm regards. P.S - If you wish to consult me/ send me you pics, you could contact me on follow up messaging or through my practo profile
Thanks for the query. FPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consist of topical lotion (Minoxidil ). Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also be started. it also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala