Dandruff and hair fall

I am having dandruff problem through out the year. When I apply anti dandruff shampoo, it feels good for a day or two. If during rain or because of sweat the head gets wet, it begins to itch and burn. Also a lot of my hair's are falling.I am using head & shoulders anti dandruff shampoo and conditioner. I frequently use parachute coconut oil. I had the problem now for about nearly an year.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff and hair fall

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
If your scalp burns and itches then you might be in need of certain steroid based anti fungal lotions and shampoos for which you will need a prescription. So visiting a dermatologist will be prudent. And remember, that dandruff is a tendency of the skin. There will be periods where your scalp will be clean and when there will be flakes. You will need to maintain your scalp as suggested by the doctor. Using products which are marketed on t.v. (like the ones you've mentioned) usually give false promises. So I suggest that you take a proper consulting. You should benefit.