Cure of pcod
I have recently diagnosed PCOD both ovaries show polycystic appearance. I am overweight . Gained 7-8kgs in last 6months. My gyne asked me to loose weight and said rest everything is fine. She said that's cyst is not curable. How this pcod affect my day to day life in future. I dnt have kids yet. Can you suggest me any diet plan and how to loose weight. i am attaching my sonography report with it.

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Pune

It's always better to have one to one conversation regarding disease and further plan... U can take appt for that from practo... Dr sarika dahiphale pune
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore

PCOD cannot be cured with pills and your gynaecologist had the courage  to tell you the truth.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai

PCOS is not curable, but it can be controlled. You need to lose weight, around 12-14 kg, as per your height. Even 2kg a month is fine. Avoid refined sugars, fried food. Cook food minium oil. Increase intake of fruits, vegetables, salad. Exercise 45-60 min daily. You may see a dietician to get a diet chart. PCOS is known to cause infertility. Above measure will help u get your hormones in order.

Hello there..... Consider dietary changes. Low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets may increase insulin levels, so you may want to consider a low-carbohydrate diet .. Don't severely restrict carbohydrates; instead, choose complex carbohydrates, which are high in fiber. The more fiber in a food, the more slowly it's digested and the more slowly your blood sugar levels rise. ... Consult Dietitian.....

How to cure pcod problem