Cramping in the leg

My mum gets severe cramps under her feet, ankles, calf muscle and on sides of her thighs. She withers in pain as there is continuous cramping. What should be done to relive her muscles n stop cramps. Is there any medication tht she should take to stop those cramps?
views-icons 33 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Rashmi T V
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi Get your mother's serum calcium levels checked ... Most commonly low serum calcium levels results in generalised muscle spasm .... Calcium supplements would help your mother.... Consult physician if severe...
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?