Counselling

Married woman, in 16yrs of married life I have no emotional, sexual satisfaction with my husband. But I am working woman concentrated on meditation, pranayam, profession, education of my 2 kids, to divert my self. Even though I didn't show any signs of my dissatisfaction over my hubby. But recently I found my husband has extra marital relationships. It was confirmed by him when I am tested Hpv 16 positive. I have 2 kids of 15 and 11 yrs but feeling difficult to spend my life with him. Can't apply divorce because of kids,in what way shoud I console my self. I have not shared this matter even with my parents. Please suggest me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Counselling

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
You have been going through a lot, suppressing all your frustration, expectations & thoughts to yourself in the process of being a good mother, good wife & good professional for such a long time. In all these roles you however seem to have forgotten one important role, being good to you. I see that you have used meditation, pranayam & your profession as a protective guard so far and I am curious to know if they have helped you to be joyous & content when there was an inherent dissatisfaction in your life, which wasn't being expressed even within the boundaries of your home..?? Right now, my dear your dilemma is a valid one. It's an overwhelming & painful situation being betrayed and also going through it's implications on your health. From now on you are to manage not just your physical health(hope it's being thoroughly managed ) but also holistic health involving your thoughts & emotions. Please talk to a professional and ease your heavy burden to begin with. Once you have understood the situation from different perspectives you would be in a position to take the next step confidently. Take Care.
Try to tell your problems to your husband. Wait as most of the extra marital affairs are not long lasting. I personally feel you better not to go for divorce there is a high chance of your husband will change his behavior.