cardiologist-icon

Coronary Disease

Hi Team, One unfortunate day, I had little discomfort on left side of my chest. So i took my Bike alone and went to nearby Hospital. The Doctor performed ECG and said that its an Heart attack, thats came as an shock to me but i was not feeling out of breath nor i was sweating or any other heart attack symptons. Anyways i called my family and in the mean time the pain went away. However the Doctor's were insisting to pay Rs. 2.5 lac for heart surgery and said if its not done within 45 min ill die. I told my family to take me to a heart Specialist Hospital, the doctor looked into the report and performed ECG and found out nothing. However he said i dont have to go Heart surgery but to perform Angiogram. Soon after the test i was sent home with medicines. However the mental stress and shock which i have gone through has now changed my life. I am in Great Depression and feels like ill die everyday and any minor pain also leads me to anxiety and hypertenaion where i feel like ill fall

Doctor Answers (2) on Coronary Disease

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
Don't worry
Follow up with your cardiologist
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Hi. Sometimes the ECG may have changes which are quite likely to be confused with heart attack. And in the background of your chest discomfort, the possibility of you being labeled as heart problem becomes even more likely. Sometimes overdiagnosis may be safer than missed diagnosis. So I feel, the first doctor played on the safer side in your interest. And the expenses he told you was probably to keep you prepared considering the possibility of angioplasty. So now that you are diagnosed not to have a heart problem by a heart specialist himself, so I think you need not worry any more and better enjoy your life. Worries bring more diseases A healthy mind is the way to a healthy body. Remember doctors are humans like you and science is yet not advanced enough to diagnose everything and prevent death. So please don't blame them. Hope this helps. Dr Chandrashekhar Munjewar www.thefitheart.in