Corn in my father leg

Actually in my father leg one corn is appear in finger due to tight shoe. Pls tell me what to do. Photo is attached.

Doctor Answers (1) on Corn in my father leg

Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
Hello Wearing comfortable shoes and socks — Corns can be prevented or will often go away when you eliminate the rubbing and friction that causes them. Wear well-fitting, cushioned shoes until the corn disappears. Choose socks that fit properly and are made of a polyester-cotton blend, which wick moisture away better than all-cotton socks do. Wearing nonmedicated corn pads — These cushion and protect skin from friction, allowing time for corns to diminish in size. Be careful using over-the-counter liquid corn removers or medicated corn pads, which contain salicylic acid and can irritate healthy skin and lead to infection. Gradually rubbing it away — After bathing, gently rub off a layer of thickened skin with a washcloth or pumice stone. Don't remove all of the toughened skin at once. Rubbing away a corn may take a week or longer. Don't try to cut or shave down a corn as this may lead to an infection. Moisturizing your skin — Apply moisturizer to hands and feet to help keep your skin soft. If you have corns that are painful or inflamed — or recur or persist despite home care — see your doctor or a foot care specialist, who may suggest medical treatments that can provide relief such as cauterisation...excision of corns.