Consultation

Hi, I am 30 years old female. I am a software engineer by profession. Of late i am finding it difficult to cope of with tensions. Sometimes I get worried so much that i start pulling my hair, crying, screaming. My muscles get numb and i sit where ever I am standing and start crying. Sometimes I bank my head as well. Most of the time I just keep sitting and thinking. I do realize that I am just wasting my time by thinking like this, but not able to control it. It is affecting my day to day life as lot of my time is getting wasted by just sitting idle and thinking/crying. I do cry a lot. I do not want to live as well. I have lost interest in all the things once I used to enjoy like playing games, reading, watching movies. Sometimes my husband tells that I need a Counselor but I am not sure. Not able to discuss everything with my husband as we are newly married and both are not that comfortable yet. So please help me out and suggest what should I do. Thanking you in anticipation.

Doctor Answers (4) on Consultation

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend, One good thing is that you have started realising that you are not able to cope up with tension. First thing is that you are newly married and your age suggests that it is a late marriage. Probably you are not able to balance between your marriage life and work since you have given that you are an IT professional. Take a break. Go out on a holiday where you don't have any mail connections. Enjoy life. Eat healthy and drink lots of water. Avoid non veg at nights. Follow simple relaxation techniques. Any further help, please feel free to contact Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi,  I think if not because your husband is saying , but may be some unresolved feelings you had earlier may be the resins for your symptoms. Please consult a Counsellor, . IF possible meet a Post  Marriage Counsellor both of you. It helps to protect your marriage too.
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi,

I can imagine how stressed you must feel right now due to your symptoms. However, it would be best if you could visit a psychiatrist for evaluation as your symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from depression. But do not sorry because if the correct steps are taken at the right time, it can be cured completely. But please do not delay in your treatment as it could get worse or you could continue feeling this way for a long time. Psychiatrist will be able to prescribe you medications to overcome the symptoms. You definitely need counseling so also look for a clinical psychologist. Professionals can help you learn coping strategies and also help you understand the reasons behind such negativity.

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent stress from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms....