Constipation - 4 days

I am not able to digest my food properly.. not able to empty my stomach. And its not a new problem from years my motions are not easy to happen. I don't know why but from last 4 days am trying to do .. but motions not happening. Trying drinking warm water full day. Took digene. But nothings happening. Please help me out to lighten my stomach.
views-icons 116 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Constipation - 4 days

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. you have to take particular care of your diet. have a high protein and high fiber foods. have lots of fruits and vegetables. avoid oily and spicy foods. avoid having outside foods and anything made out of maida. drink lots of water. avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. do not strain for stools it may cause other problems. syp. duphalac 15 ml before bed everyday for 7 days. if still persists, consult a general surgeon. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern...First of all you should start taking a high fibre diet, incorporate more of fruits, green leafy vegetables and salads in diet..Drink plenty of water....You should always take walk after meals and follow daily workout regime....With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...take syp duphalac 10 ml at night time with milk or warm water....Consult nearest physician or gastroenterologist they will do the needful.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, To understand how to prevent constipation, it helps to know what causes it. As food passes through your colon, your body absorbs the water from it, and what's left forms into stool. Your muscles move it through the colon to the rectum, where you pass it. When this movement slows down, your colon draws too much water. Stools get dry and hard to pass, causing constipation. The problem often happens because of a low-fiber or high-fat diet, lack of exercise, and not drinking enough fluids. Certain medications, not going when you feel the urge, laxative abuse, can lead to constipation. If your bowel habits get sluggish, you don't have to rush out to buy a laxative. Most people don't need them for mild constipation. Instead, look at your diet. Are you getting enough fiber? Fiber is the part of plant foods that the body can't break down. When you eat foods that have a lot of it, the extra bulk helps keep stools soft and speeds digestion.All plant foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, have fiber. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends 25 grams per day for women and up to 38 grams for men. After age 50, we need less fiber -- about 21 grams for women and 30 grams for men. Unfortunately, most of us only get about 15 grams per day, which may help explain why so many people get constipated.Examples of high-fiber foods include:1/2 cup navy beans: 9.5 grams-1 small pear: 4.4 grams-1/4 cup dates: 3.6 grams-1 medium apple: 3.3 grams- 1 medium sweet potato: 4.8 grams