Confusion of herpes

1month ago I saw redness on upper part of glans of penis so I went to dermatologist and he prescribed me FUDIC BNF ointment .after applying 1-2 times redness went away.around 15 days ago redness reappear at the junction of shaft and glans and also burning sensation at tip of my penis then i went to another dermatologist and Dr said it HERPES and prescribed me medicine ZOLEN-150,VOTRI-5 AND EXDERM-NM and told me to come after 10 days and in 10 days I used medicine which gave me some relief but redness comes and goes always may be due to irregular uses of ointment .when I went to doctor again and after seeing my penis he said redness was not caused by herpes because he said I prescribed you antifungal cream and medicine. if it caused by herpes then medicine not worked.i told to Dr for blood testing but Dr said herpes not detected in blood test.i also tested urine culture and routine test but all noraml.1 year ago received oral sex only.can other disease cause this.help please

Doctor Answers (2) on Confusion of herpes

Dr. Sandeep Gupta Delhi | Sexologist
First diagnosis has to be confirmed
Please consult with a dermatologist for best management
Both fungal and viral infection can take time to resolve and it may be either of these the way you have explained. Also chronic infection status of herpes simplex can be checked from blood tests by checking antibodies. The risk of transmission of viral is higher with fellatio but you should have manifested symptoms much earlier in that case. Please take a second opinion from another dermatologist or a Urologist.