Conceiving

Hello Doctor My married life is of 18 months and it's is good We have been trying for conceiving since long. But are unsuccessful. I have got ovulation scan done 9 months ago. There was a collapsed follicle present. The doctor said that the reports are fine. But I am unable to conceive yet. My husband had sperm analysis done. It's is 40%. Please suggest if there could be any issues with us that I am unable to conceive. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Conceiving

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. primary infertility ie unable to conceive could be due to husband or wife related causes or both.. since your reports are normal, it could be due to your husband.. you haven't mentioned about what is 40%, whether normal forms or motile forms.. and you haven't mentioned about total count even. Low sperm count, low motile sperms could be the cause... sometimes even both are normal yet there might be difficulty in conceiving due to improper timing and method of intercourse.. have intercourse during 10th to 20th day of your menstrual cycle.. it's during that time you will ovulate( produce egg) and chances of fertilisation is high.. consult infertility specialist once.