Cold cough

I have Cold cough from a week and pain in body from to day. I have taken antibiotics and cough syrup TOREX and from today l am taking Ascoril + cough syrup

Hi. The common cold is a viral infection of your upper respiratory tract — your nose and throat. A common cold is usually harmless, Most people recover from a common cold in about a week or two. There's no cure for the common cold. Antibiotics are of no use against cold viruses. Drink plenty of fluids, get some rest, Use saline nasal drops, soothe your throat by lozenges...
Dr. Iranna Hittalamani
General Physician 4 yrs exp Gokak
I recently visited kolkata and its a very polluted,especially air pollution so my first advise get a face mask and use it when you're out.visit a respiratory physician because a small cold and cough could be a sign of an underlying bigger problem.dont be scared just visit and get evaluated so that you feel better too.taking a wrong cough syrup can further aggravate the condition so better consult and then take.