Cold and Sinuses
I had sinuses from the time I was in college and lived in Visakhaptnam, I had chronic issues at that time and had to take inhalers, over the years that has stopped and I haven't used any int he past 6-7 years however I have a tendency to catch cold very much and I get severe headache. I had to take antibiotics 1-2 times a year in the past but over the last 2-3 years I have nt taken any antibiotics but frequently catch a cold and get headache and have to take OTC medicines like Saridon/ Sinarest which work perfectly well. I wanted to understand can there be a way of curing the same?

Dr. Roopakala
Ayurveda 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Sinusitis common in cities where pollution, dust exits. Affecting different parts of face it can be classified as 1.maxillary sinusitis(pain around cheek or teeth) 2. Frontal Sinusitis(pain above the eyebrow to top or back of head) 3. Sphenoid sinusitis(pain behind the eyes). Sinuses drain into the nose through a small tube (size of ball pen refill)so easily gets blocked. When blocked fluid accumulates causes inflammation of mucousal layer of sinuses. Sinuses helps to remove dust pollen smoke and other suspended particle helps like a filter so that clean air enters lungs. If sinusitis not treated early May cause eye problems, tooth or mouth problems, foul breath, tonsillitis adenoids, nasal polyps etc. Here are some of remedies - Steam inhalation. Doing regular Pranayama. Practice neti kriya. Avoid Milk products chilled food. Drink vegetable soups regularly. Drinking of Gill tulsi tea. There are ayurveda panchakarma treatments are also helps to get rid of sinusitis.
Dr. Thrilok G.K.
Sexologist 3 yrs exp Bangalore

Yep, sinusitis can be treated by ayurveda medicines & a procedure called as dhooma Nasya. Avoid too much intake of milk, milk products like curds, butter, cheese & refrigerated food items.