Clots during my mensutral

For past few months during my monthly cycle I gt lot of clots 'coz of wch I gt stressed out. Also I gt my monthly cycles 7 days b4  my date. This is hpng fr past 4-5 months. I m 37 years old. I have two daughters one is 9 years old and the other is 5 years old. Both r c section. Also I have a big tummy .

Doctor Answers (1) on Clots during my mensutral

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you are suffering with your periods. Heavy periods are very common in women of your age group and being overweight or obese makes this worse. It can be associated with anaemia which makes you feel tired, lethargic, anxious, depressed and irritable. Its even worse if they are painful when the clots are passing and can even make you feel dizzy.
There are several ways to manage this. You may take medication during the periods to reduce the flow. Your doctor can prescribe hormone pills cyclically to regulate the shedding. If you have completed your family you can try the Mirena intrauterine system which will reduce flow significantly. Surgical alternatives include thinning of the endometrium using a thermal balloon, electrocautery or laser. These methods are effective 90% of the time. In the remaining cases things need further evaluation. Do consult a gynaecologist who can explain all these options. It is wise to start with the simplest reversible ones first before opting for surgery. You can read more about menorrhagia or heavy menstrual bleeding on
hope this helps