Chronic fissure
Today I visited doctor for anal pain... she checked and told this is chronic fissure and your anus is very tight even I can't put fingure. And she told you need to under go surgery because your anal passage become narrow because of chronic fissure.. I am worried because of surgery.. please tell me can it be treated with medications..

Hi.... An anal fissure usually heals on its own within four to six weeks. If it doesn't, medical treatment or surgery usually can relieve discomfort..... Add fiber to your diet. Eating about 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day can help keep stools soft and improve fissure healing..... Avoid straining during bowel movements. Straining creates pressure, which can open a healing tear or cause a new tear....