Child abuse
How do I know my child has gone through an physical abuse? How do I tell her who not to touch? We speak Tamil @ home. Am a mother of 3yr old girl,it is really a worst situation for a mother like me to ask such qtns. my girl has not yet started talking for just some 1or2 small words,she goes to play schl nearby. I'm mostly aware of child physical abuse.. but am hopeless in educating my 3yr girl,while she is away. Even though the school seem 100% safe,the society isn't safe for even a 3yr old. She is very active,dances to music,very intelligent,except she cant talk in sentences..am not very concernd about her late talk I know she will talk later or sooner.. pls help.. thank you.

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

1. Tell her loud and clear that no one is allowed to touch her except family. Ask her not to sit in lap. 2.clearly ask has anyone touched hips thighs chest or between legs ( u can use child lingo.. shu shu ,or petu etc) 3. Ask her to shout whenever any uncle touches these areas 4.ask her if any uncle shows her something on mobile or his own body parts.  5. Ask her not to accept anything from strangers and not divulge any information abt herself or mummypapa.