Chest congestion, breath
For the past 3 days I am feeling chest congestion and shortness in breath. Also have a slight cough which is infrequent. Have been smoking for past 6 months and have quit now. Did my X-ray and spirometry  tests 2 months back and all looked good except for a little reduced lung capacity. Is anything to worry about?

Dr. Kaushik Saha
Pulmonologist 14 yrs exp Kolkata

Your symptoms may be early signs of asthma. Spirometry may be normal. But clinical you may have asthma

hello there. reduced lung capacity and cough are both due to smoking. since you have stopped smoking, your condition will gradually improve. if your symptoms are too bothersome, consult a physician. regards