Cat Bite in hand
My wife tried to put the neighborhood cat out of the HOUSE in the process the cat bite her hand we went to Doctor after 1 hour where she was given tetanus shot, and was prescribed some antibiotics and pain killer, my question is do she required to take any blood test or required to be given rabies injection., still the the bite area is paining and itching.

Rabies Vaccine is preferable
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. If the wound is deep, itching and pain can be present for a few days. Continue the antibiotics and painkillers. Also if the cat is not a home pet and vaccinated, then it better to take rabies vaccine. This is just to be on the safer side. You consult a general physician. They will councel you further.