Cannabis reaction

Hi doctor I have no bad habits. Nor i drink or smoke amd i m pure veg I m studying graduation. Just for fun i tried marihuana(weed) It was in white paper rolled and i smoked 4 5 drags and then i felt very dizzy and faint so i went home and slept den after that i started feeling sweating and heart attack feeling like dying. Now its been 1month and i still feel lost in this world and i cry and i feel that i m alive dead person i lost my charm. I feel like i m still high. I m not going to job i m very exhausted and scared all the time. I feel like i m walking in a dream world. This is ruined my life

Doctor Answers (5) on Cannabis reaction

Dr. Darpan Kaur Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Based on the information that you have provided, it is very important that you consult a psychiatrist locally near your city as soon as possible. Cannabis use can affect mental health and can cause amotivation syndrome , mood changes and psychotic symptoms as well. Certain symptoms of feeling scared and feeling lost in the world and feeling exhausted and feeling like walking in dream world which you mention reflect that the cannabis use has affected your mental health. Kindly do not feel helpless or guilty that there is no hope. What has happened has happened and one cannot reverse the past. But one can definitely take positive steps in the present so that we can look forward for a better future. Kindly consult a psychiatrist near your city who can clinically evaluate you, suggest you certain medications for your symptoms and counsel you as well regarding your problems and help you cope better and teach you positive mental health strategies to deal with your problems
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello,
As per your description here it seems that you are suffering from significant anxiety and depressive symptoms. A comprehensive assessment is required for your condition to assess exact diagnosis and other factors like medical status, investigations etc. The cannabis has been washed out of your body, however such symptoms are known to occur or be precipitated by cannabis/marijuana use. Please consult a psychiatrist near you for comprehensive assessment and management. The treatment approach for you is likely to be a combination of medication and psychological intervention. Prior to that some blood and psychological investigations may be required. Hope this helps you. Best wishes for your health and future.
kindly seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you at the earliest.
kindly do not use cannabis or any other substance, as they may have delirious affect on your mental and physical health.
Jankhana Hakani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
hello, since its been more than a month now, the weed is long washed out from the body. so all these symptoms are not due to weed. the symptoms you are saying are likely to be because of depression
consult a psychiatrist for further evaluation and to rule out depression
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Don't  panic . Nothing to worry. You are still safe and healthy.
To come out of this Anxiety consult a therapist in ur city and feel good about yourself.
This kind of reaction is known to happen in some people after taking cannabis. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible and undergo evaluation for depression.
Consult a psychiatrist.