Cancer disease
My buaa side has a family history of leukemia. I am wondering if it is hereditary, are there any precautions I can take

Cancer is a genetic disorder. But not all cancers are heriditary. Only 5-10% cancers are inherited. E.g: mostly the breast and gynaecological cancers. It can be inherited. Need to consult a genetic consellor and /or a physician who will take the information regarding the proband's family history and evaluate the risk.. If it is seen that the proband's(the person who's asking the question) grand mother and other family members had the same types of cancer/ related to gynaecological cancers or any other indications , Genetic testing will be recommended. Proband can be checked for Germline mutation. Depending on the syndrome and the test result, she can be further suggested for the preventive measurements. If you have inherited any genetic error responsible for cancer development, that can be tested. And under stringent surveillance we can detect cancer at early stage.