Can't sleep!

I can't sleep for last 5 years. I have tried everything possible such as switching off electronic device before sleep, chamomile tea, light dinner,etc., but nothing worked. Can heavy metal be the reason? What are the symptoms and what are the tests for it?

Doctor Answers (2) on Can't sleep!

Hello. Is there anything which is bothering you and you are not able to sleep? Have you checked your BP?you have any addiction of tobacco, alcohol etc? We have a good treatment in homeopathy.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there, Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep. Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily at least five to six hours before bedtime. Avoid or limit naps. Naps can make it harder to fall asleep at night. If you can't get by without one, try to limit a nap to no more than 30 minutes and don't nap after 3 p.m. Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings. Don't put up with pain. If a painful condition bothers you, make sure the pain reliever you take is effective enough to control pain while you're sleeping. Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.