Bumps on neck

I had two bumps on neck. Already consulted ENT doctor, took the ultra sound test says small bumps on neck. Doctor prescribed anti biotics but it didn't worked. Suffering from last 3 months. What causes these bumps? Do I need to worry abt it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Bumps on neck

Dr. Kaushal M Shah Ahmedabad | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Mostly bumps in the neck are due to enlarged lymph nodes mostly due to infection. Look at your ultrasound report and if it mentions due to enlarged lymph nodes and if its size is less than 10 mm in all dimensions and you have already taken appropriate antibiotics than you can ignore it. If it is due to other reasons than enlarged lymph nodes than you have to consult your ENT surgeon for necessary investigations or treatment. If enlarged lymph nodes size is more than 10 mm in any dimensions than get ultrasound done again and if it is still more than 10 mm size than get a test called FNAC done by expert pathologist for FNAC.