Breastfeeding alternative

Hi I have 7 days old baby..I dont have enough milk for breastfeeding my baby..what are the alternatives to be given instead of my milk..can i give cow's milk or any milk powder for my baby now?

Doctor Answers (2) on Breastfeeding alternative

You need to relax as tension within you can decrease the milk for your baby . Gas in the baby' s stomach also can make him feed less. Try to give Colic Aid drops and maybe u can start him on formula of Lactogen stage 1
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
There are many ways to introduce solid food. The first foods usually vary from culture to culture and from family to family. Start with foods that contain iron, which babies need for many different aspects of their development. Meat, poultry, cooked egg yolk and well-cooked legumes (beans, lentils, chick peas) are good sources of iron. Store-bought iron-fortified infant cereals such as rice or barley are also common first foods because they are good sources of iron. Healthy foods that your whole family is eating are the best choice for your baby. Make sure they are plain, with no added salt, sugar or spices. You can use commercial baby foods, but read the label to ensure there is no added salt or sugar.