Breast and nipple pain
I am a breastfeeding mom of 2 months baby,i have pain in my nipples and breast while and also after feeding my baby.i have burning sensation and one of my nipples got sore while feeding. I have a painful breastfeeding as a result i give my baby bottlefeed which i dun wana give.my baby latches fast sometimes which is more painful, m having antibiotics and pain killers suggested by my gynae, but ita not working according to me, pls suggest me something so that i can happily breastfeed my baby.

Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear Practo user, It is not possible to give opinion without examination. However, I would like to put across few points. Does the baby latch on properly? The baby should not bite on the nipple during feeding. The whole of areola (dark brown circle around nipple) should go into baby's mouth completely. It is not clear why antibiotics have been started. Have any local creams been prescribed to apply over sore nipple. You can try feeding temporarily through nipple shield. However, in the latter case, maintenance of cleanliness of nipple shield would be important.