Brain tumor surgery side effects
Hi Doctor, My dad got operated last Friday for brain tumor, surgeon said they have removed the tumor 100%. But after surgery my dad is in confusion state and he will be in his own word. Only some items or person he can recognize not all. Sometime he will give relevant answer and sometimes irrelevant answer. My questions are 1. Is this state normal after surgery? 2. If yes, how much time it will take or recovery? 3. If the tumor is removed 100%, will it grow back?

You Require counseling
consult me online.

Yes this can happen after brain tumor sugery depending on location of tumour and path taken to remove the tumour This may be transient or permanent depending on region and extend of brain damage, that your surgeon can tell you Yes tumour can recur, rate depends on type of tumour and extend of removal.
if further questions consult online
I'll start answering sequentially 1. Yes, this state of confusion can happen after surgery. 2. After surgery there swelling is there, which takes 2-3 weeks to settle completely. Also, depending on which part of brain the tumor was, some things can be prolonged. 3. Depends on what type of tumor it was. Wait for histopathology report, you will get more information about the type of tumor or grade (1,2,3,4) of tumor.
for more detailed discussion please consult with all your reports
thank you