Bones Problem

Hi doctors! I have a query regarding bone size growth. Few months ago I noticed the ball size(metatarsal) of my feet got increased while the bone size increase of my right foot was more than that of left. At that point of time I just ignored it by assuming this may be wearing wrong size shoes. But currently there is another same symptom on my right hand. A increased bone is clearly visible at my right hand. I can clearly see and feel that this is oversize bone which was not at earlier. Please suggest me what may be reason behind it and what are remedies for it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Bones Problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., the medical term for this is Hallux valgus... Hallux valgus is A condition in which the big toe (hallux) is bent outward (toward the midline of the foot; valgus) so that it overlaps the second toe.... The treatment of hallux valgus deformity includes the assessment of the hallux valgus angle (HVA), the intermetatarsal angle (IMA) and the contribution of an interphalangeus deformity.....Kindly consult your orthopedician they will guide you further....