Blood tinge in saliva
I have been getting blood tinges in saliva twice in the last two months. In the past(2 yrs back) I used to get blood in sputum when I had severe cold. Consulted a pulmonologist. Took TB test and throat swab. No concern in TB test. Throat swab revealed a higher count of klebsiella bacteria. Doctor prescribed antibiotic and things were fine after that. No major issues. I have not taken any medication for the past one year. Right now I have little throat infection and abnormal bowel movement. But no cough. But I get blood tinge in saliva while spitting. Should I consult a ENT or gastro specialist for this issue?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Otologist/ Neurotologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
Consult a good dentist as gingivitis could also cause blood in sputum. If no abnormalities detected, meet an ENT Specialist, get a CT scan of your paranasal sinuses in direct coronal view which should help your doctor identify the cause of the blood streaks.

Yellow tinge around mouth