Blood test report

My Platelet count is 166000, doctor advising me to admit hospital and inject saline for 3 days, Is that necessary, please guide asap.

Dr. Satish Kumar Gadi (Lt Col)
General Physician 39 yrs exp Gurgaon

The platelet count is normal. There is no need for any intervention. The earlier advice given by Dr Gupta may be followed. But if there is fever etc. The blood pressure should also be monitored. It will be better to consult your family physician for better understanding of the disease and treatment. The earlier suggestion for admission by your doctor should be ignored.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. It depends on your clinical condition. If you are clinically stable, then you can be treated at home. If you have too much temperature and if it fluctuates, it could be required. You can take a tab. Caripill one tablet thrice a day for 5 days after food. After the 2nd day platelets will start to rise. Drink lots of water and other fluids. Upto 4 litres. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Atul Jain
General Physician 4 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
No need