Blood in stool

Doctor. I am getting frequent blood in stools. Also i feel a bit discomfort after passing stools(like something is struck in anus) for some time. I read online that this is symptom of piles. I have a history of polyps in childhood. I am afraid from all the pain and discomfort in visiting a doctor, developed this fear from childhood(after operation of polyps). Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (3) on Blood in stool

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Delhi | General Physician
It seems it is piles or bleeding could be due to polyps. Does anybody in your family suffer from similar disease? .. You must visit a general surgeon. Get Complete blood count done as you are loosing blood in stool. You may need colonoscopy...
Dr. Shilpi Sahu Navi Mumbai | General Pathologist
Yes bleeding could be due to polyps.does anybody in your family suffer similarly.you require colonoscopy
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well since you say you had history of polyps I susoect that this bleeding is related to polyps only...yes piles also present with bleeding but it might not be also in case...i suggest you to follow up with your doctor or meet a surgeon...thank you