Blood in saliva

I have been getting blood tinges in saliva twice in the last two months. In the past(2 yrs back) I used to get blood in sputum when I had severe cold. Consulted a pulmonologist. Took TB test and throat swab. No concern in TB test. Throat swab revealed a higher count of klebsiella bacteria. Doctor prescribed antibiotic and things were fine after that. No major issues. I have not taken any medication for the past one year. Right now I have little throat infection and abnormal bowel movement. But no cough. But I get blood tinge in saliva while spitting.

Doctor Answers (2) on Blood in saliva

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
It would be advisable to first consult a dentist to rule out gingival causes of blood in sputum.... sometimes the simplest problems are most often overlooked!
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
You should get  a diagnostic nasal endoscopy, upper GI endoscopy along with bronchoscopy done to detect the source of bleeding. Before under going the investigations  you should get examined by a good ENT surgeon to detect any obvious pathology in the ENT domain.