Bleeding in Pregnancy

Hi Doctor, my LMP was on 6/10 and I had my pregnancy tests on 10/11 and 14/11. Both positive. However on 17/11 I started bleeding like period with heavy cramps. I am still bleeding even after 5 days with mild cramps sometimes heavy as well. I had Usg on 18/11 where a gestational sac of 7.5mm is seem with no yolk sac and fetal pole. I am advised to take Hucog 5000 unit hp injections on every Friday and Tuesday thereafter. I am medicated with Sustain 400 release tablet daily at bedtime with Duguston three times a day. I also had Texid for 3 days, 3 times a day. I am on bed rest. The problem is I am still on same page and unable to understand why all this is happening and till what time I should be on above prescriptions. Why I have not been asked to go for any blood test or any other pregnancy tests yet? I am quite worried if my baby will be ok. Please advise.
views-icons 25 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Bleeding in Pregnancy

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, I would suggest that you wait and see if there is baby growth. The medications prescribed to you support pregnancy. Get an ultrasound done and get a beta hCG test done in a week. If bleeding increases, follow up with your obstetrician.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
You may be having a threatened or inevitable abortion. In either case, it's worthwhile to wait and see if baby is growing. Medications given to you are to support pregnancy. Rest and get ultrasound, ßhCG done in a week. Report earlier if bleeding increases
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, you have to do ultrasound after 10 to 14 days to see the fetal pole, yolk sac and cardiac activity. You r taking all medicines. Best of luck.
Dr. Mamatha Devi S Bangalore | Gynecologist
Don't worry so much.
Just take all this for a week and go for another scan ....The sac should've grown significantly ...if not your doc might order for blood tests to confirm on going pregnancy.
So wait patiently for a week
B Hcg now after one week.
Scan to be repeated after a week

visit to gynaecologist after a week

Take rest.